viernes, 28 de octubre de 2011

La Universidad de Las Islas Baleares

Yesterday I met with Professor Maurici Mus, a botanist at the University of the Balearic Islands. He was very helpful to me by showing me various books that I could purchase to help with my lichens project and to identify plant species on Mallorca and providing me with contact info for other botanists in the area. He also offered up the use of the microscopes and other resources in the botany lab whenever I needed them.

It was really great going there because the botany department here reminded me so much of the botany department back home at Humboldt. It was crowded with full pictures of plants, potted plants, and microscopes. I don't know what I was expecting, but it made me feel happy to see how similar things can be even if they are across the world.

Check out the Virtual Herbarium!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario