domingo, 17 de abril de 2011

Humboldt Orchid Society Show

Yesterday I went to an orchid show put on by the Humboldt Orchid Society and saw some amazingly beautiful species. Here are few of them:
Dendrobium thursiflorum

Unknown species


Epidendrum sp.


Psychopsis kalihi



Masdevallia sp.


Chilochista sweelimii


Makai sp.


Dendrochilum filaform

Unknown species

For anybody out there who is an orchid expert, some of these names could be completely wrong, because on some tables there was a label and a whole cluster of plants, so I did the best I could.

There are 34 species of orchids in Humboldt County and I have seen one of them. If I recall, there are 158 species in California. The most orchid diversity is in South America, especially on the Equator.

Spain has 50 species of orchids so hopefully I will be able to catch a few glimpses of some of them!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario